New and returning parents, find out all you need to know about CTE!
- Welcome to CTE 2018 : Family Orientation Meeting on Sunday June 24th 2018 at 4pm at Olympia High School. Click here for notes from the meeting
- 2018 Calendar – Check the calendar to find out dates and times for recitals and shows, and other events.
- Forms & Policies – we try to keep paperwork to a minimum and most information is now gathered from your online registration. We will let you know if any forms need to be turned in at the beginning of the season. Visit the Forms and Policies page for what you’ll need plus the most up-to-date Parent Guide.
Parent Volunteer Opportunities
During the Season (evenings & weekends)
Sign up for the following opportunities via the Sign-up Genius link which you will receive in your email at the beginning of the season. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Set Building and Painting: Help build and paint sets for the season as specified by Technical Director. Work will take place evenings & weekends. See Calendar for dates and times.
- Costuming: Share your sewing and craft skills! Usually involves simple sewing as directed by Production Assistant.
- Strike Sunday: Help pack up and load the truck to take CTE items back to storage at end of season on the Sunday after the last Showcase performance.
Performance Support Volunteer Opportunities
Provide support at the shows: Sign up for Performance Support via the Sign-up Genius link which you will receive in your email at the beginning of the season. You can choose one of the following for any of the shows:
- Cookies, treats and bottled water: Bring two dozen store-bought large cookies (snickerdoodles, sugar cookies, chocolate chip, M&M – NO NUTS PLEASE DUE TO ALLERGIES) or brownies (store bought), or a 24 pack of bottled water to the concession stand for sale during performances. You may bring Gluten-Free cookies – please mark them accordingly.
The following volunteer opportunities earn you a free ticket to the show on the night that you are working:
- Tickets: Sell General Admission tickets.
- Usher (Arts Festival only): Includes taking tickets at theater door and handing out programs. Seating is General Admission.
- Concession Stand: Sell treats, bottled water, & candy during intermission (need to wear gloves for handling food), or be a cashier.
- Flower Table: Make and sell bouquets per instructions, before show and during intermission. Other items will also be for sale at this table such as t-shirts, posters, books, and fancy cookies decorated with this year’s theme.
To give everyone a chance to volunteer on a show night, please only sign up for one shift initially.
When you arrive to volunteer, sign in and receive a volunteer badge. Your volunteer badge is your free admission to that evening’s show (free admission seats are at the back of the main floor, in front of turntables).