New and returning parents, find out all you need to know about CTE!
- 2018 Welcome Letter – this will also be handed out at the Family Orientation Meeting on Sunday June 24th 2018 at 4pm at Olympia High School.
- 2018 Draft Calendar – this will be updated prior to the start of each season. Check the calendar to find out dates and times for recitals and shows, and other events.
- Forms & Policies – we try to keep paperwork to a minimum and most information is now gathered from your online registration. We will let you know if any forms need to be turned in at the beginning of the season. Visit the Forms and Policies page for what you’ll need plus the most up-to-date Parent Guide.
Parent Volunteer Opportunities
During the Season (evenings & weekends)
Sign up for the following opportunities at our Family Orientation Meeting the day before CTE starts. You may also email us at email@example.com if you are interested in signing up or have more questions.
- Set Building and Painting: Help build and paint sets for the season as specified by Technical Director. Work will take place evenings & weekends. See Calendar for dates and times.
- Costuming: Share your sewing and craft skills! Usually involves simple sewing as directed by Production Assistant.
- Strike Sunday: Help pack up and load the truck to take CTE items back to storage at end of season on the Sunday after the last Showcase performance.
Performance Support Volunteer Opportunities
Provide support at the shows: Sign up for Performance Support via the Sign-up Genius link which you will receive in your email early in the season. You can choose one of the following for any of the shows:
- Cookies, treats, candy and bottled water: Bring two dozen store-bought large cookies (snickerdoodles, sugar cookies, chocolate chip, M&M – NO NUTS PLEASE DUE TO ALLERGIES) or brownies (store bought), candy as listed, or a 24 pack of bottled water to the concession stand for sale during performances. You will receive a free ticket to a show.
- Tickets: Hand out will-call tickets before the show. At intermission, manage sales at the Miscellaneous table – t-shirts, posters, grocery bags.
- Usher (Arts Festival only): Includes taking tickets at theater door and handing out programs. Seating is General Admission.
- Concession Stand: Sell treats, bottled water, & candy during intermission (need to wear gloves for handling food), or be a cashier.
- Flower Table: Make and sell bouquets per instructions, before show and during intermission.
To give everyone a chance to volunteer on a show night, please only sign up for one shift initially.
When you arrive to volunteer, sign in and receive a volunteer badge. Your volunteer badge is your free admission to that evening’s show (free admission seats are at the back of the main floor, in front of turntables).